POOW The Food Hero is a tool for parents / healthcare to help and use to support and motivate children with eating disabilities to start eating. The tool is a fun and interactive game between the child and the superhero, POOW, and is used to give the child confidence in the food's taste, smell, temperature and texture.
The tool should be used at the dining table in a calm and stress-free environment. It can also help to introduce new tastes and consistency in children without eating disorders, and in many other ways. Only the imagination sets limits on how to work with POOW The Food Hero!
Important to keep in mind is that the app is not a quick fix, but a tool, and that it must be given plenty of time and commitment.
"I'm looking forward to using the app in my work."
Marie Börjesson, speech therapist at Drottning Silvia's Children's and Youth Hospital Sweden
"An innovative tool that we have been waiting for a long time!"
"My son loves to pop the stars at the end."
About the superhero POOW and his mission / adventure:
The superhero POOW can fly and live high on a mountain peak. He always keeps a watchful eye on the little village below. Sometimes he gets out and solves a situation when it is in crisis for one of his friends down the village. And your child must help him!
- Save kittens from an airplane that is experiencing problems in the air
- Catch a bank robber
- More missions / adventures will be released afterwards
Welcome to the POOWs world!
To prepare before introducing the app for the child.
- Enter four different messages that will serve as motivation for the child as it eats.
- Take a picture through the camera function on the blank plate that the child will eat from.
- Take a new picture when the food is placed on the plate, and sync the image with the image on the empty plate.
- Set how many percent of the food on the plate you are satisfied with as the goal of food eated.
Now you can start using the app with your child
- Show the child the short movie about POOW and the world where he lives as an introduction.
- Let the child choose the adventure he / she wants to perform with POOW.
- Allow the child to fill the power of POOW by letting him / her eat and erase the food eaten with his / her finger. Green bubbles and sounds add power to POOW's battery.
- The lock function for the erase progress is on the home page (symbol with finger) if the children want to erase to much, then uncheck the fingersymbol ( no red lock symbol over finger).Place a finger in the upper right corner overtime you’re child want’s to erase .
- POOW farts and blushes if you pushes him on the stomach - a way to make it more fun and more relaxed for the child to eat.
- A "jippiiiie" sound signals that the child has eaten as much as previously set. - Let the child choose whether to finish the mission / adventure now, or continue to part two.
- After the end of the mission / adventure, the child will "pop" falling stars and other fun, as a fun ending.
Tips on other ways to work with the app:
- Enter some more fun and exciting messages, such as "Look under the bed! A clue to a treasure map! ", And make your own adventures.
- Take a picture of some fun thing you bought your child, such as a ball or a baseball. Print the image, cut it into pieces and add a pice each time you take a picture on an "empty plate". Then let the child erase the image in the app and get the cut-out image, for example, paste into a clipboard. The child then continues to collect and paste the parts of the picture until the picture is complete, and then get the present.
- Even older children can use the app as their own motivation to eat by controlling the whole process of recording audio, taking pictures, blurring and "pop" stars etc.
For more tips on the app's features and different uses:
Read more and see instructional videos on our website and in our social media and allow notifications from our app.